WARNING: ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ACTIVITY BECAUSE VARNISH IS USED TO MAKE THE ROCKS LOOK SHINY!
- rocks (thoroughly washed and dried)
- container of water (example: ice cube tray, baby food jar)
- paints (acrylic or oil-based: with parental assistance) - tempera paints work well
- paint sealer (example: varnish)
- VARIATION: instead of using paints, another option is to use felts
- Thoroughly wash and dry rocks
- Paint a picture of your choice - USE YOUR IMAGINATION!!
- Let the paint thoroughly dry
- Spray with a coat of varnish or sealer to make the rock look shiny OR cover the rocks with white glue and leave to dry overnight. The glue will dry clear and leave a shiny coat.