WARNING: ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ACTIVITY, ESPECIALLY WHEN BREAKING OPEN THE PINATA!
- a shape (a balloon or another hollow object such as a styrofoam cup, carton or can.)
- Stir 3 parts water into 1 part flour until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Tear or cut the paper into strips.
- Choose your shape.
- Dip each piece of paper into the paste and apply them one at a time to the shape until the entire object is covered.
- Let it dry.
- Choose a place around the bottom of the shpe where you can make a hole to fill the pinata with candy.
- Once dry decorate the pinata with paints, felts or other decorations that will add color.
- From the cutout hole in the object, fill the inside of the pinata with candies and/or other treats.
- Find a way to hang the pinata (with a string from the ceiling or from a LONG stick that someone can hold).
- Everyone takes turns hitting the pinata trying to break it open. Be sure there is plenty of space so people don't get hit.(Some people like to do this blindfolded)
- Once the pinata is finally broken open, all the candy will fall to the floor. Everyone scrambles to collect as much candy as possible!