Making a Maple Leaf
- a maple leaf
- plain white piece of paper
- crayons in fall colors (red, brown, yellow, orange, green)
- Put maple leaf flat in front of you.
- Take the piece of paer and place it over the maple leaf.
- Pick a crayon and rub it over the paper. The imprint of the leaf will show through onto the paper.
- Cut out the leaf and you have a fall colored leaf.
Facts about maple leafs:
- North America has many different kinds of maple trees.
- Two types of maples trees are used to tap sap from. They are called Sugar Maple and Rock Maple
- The sugars in the Sugar Maple and Rock Maple trees are the sweetest.
- Did you know that Canada has a maple leaf on it's flag?
- Our Prime Minister has proclaimed February 15th as an official day of recognition for Canada's Maple leaf flag.